The project „Conscious Parent Academy – Replacement parent urgently needed!” is funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It is a project addressed to employees who professionally support foster families: foster care coordinators, psychologists, therapists, family assistants and foster families.
The project aims to:
- improving the quality of care for children in foster care by training foster families,
- increasing social awareness about foster care and its importance for children in a difficult life situation,
- providing training and workshops for employees who professionally support foster families: foster care coordinators, psychologists, therapists, family assistants, which will allow them to improve their skills and knowledge in the field of foster care and solve problems related to foster families more effectively.
- creating tools to support the implementation of tasks resulting from foster care,
In the „Conscious Parent Academy – Replacement parent urgently needed!” project, the following results will be produced:
- Webinar – online training, which will be intended for both employees and foster families. It will be an opportunity to familiarize yourself with topics related to the foster care system at any time and anywhere in the world.
The project will produce three webinars on the following topics:
a) Legal aspects of foster care,
b) Psycho-pedagogy of trauma,
c) professional burnout,
- Helpdesk – it will be a kind of guide with the most important questions and answers. The helpdesk will be helpful, for example, in a situation where foster carers encounter difficulties in relations with their charges.
The project will create three helpdesks on the following topics:
- Functioning of foster care in partner countries: Lithuania, Poland, Portugal,
- Care and work with children with negative and traumatic experiences,
- How to prepare to become a foster parent?
Stay up to date with the project and wait for the results!