Project „Conscious Parent Academy – Replacement parent urgently needed!”
Project number 2020-1-PL01-KA204-082283
The main goal of the project is to raise the educational competences of foster families and to expand and develop the competences of educators and other employees supporting adult learners by:
- implementation of various forms of support: stationary training, online training, blended mobility.
- creation of tools supporting the implementation of tasks resulting from foster care (or its alternative counterparts in partner countries)
- improving the image of foster families
The target groups
The target groups in the project are:
- Educators – people who professionally support foster families: foster care coordinators, psychologists, therapists, family assistants
- Caregivers – people actually providing foster care; related, unrelated, professional and reliable foster families and family orphanages.
Under the 3-year project, the partner group plans the following forms of support:
- Training for staff coordinating foster care
- Training for persons providing foster care,
- developing a Guide – help-desk for persons in charge of foster care
- developing materials promoting foster care
- creating support groups and equipping them with an online training package and webinars devoted to broadly understood foster care.
- Webinars for Caregivers (IO2)
- Guide – help-desk containing guidelines, recommendations, methods of crisis management (IO3)
- 27 trained participants of the project – staff involved in adult education
- 27 trained foster parents
- 1 website with forum
- 2 films promoting foster care (creating a positive image of custody)
- leaflets and posters promoting foster care
- 3 support groups, 1 in each partner country
- 27 educators and 27 foster parents and caregivers will participate directly in the project. However, in the context of long-term project results, the final audience will be much larger. It is planned to reach the results achieved under the project to a group of min. 300 foster families.